Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Swimming to an end


by Stephanie R., grade 8

Swim, Swim
Paddle, Paddle
Swimming in the water with no end

No land ahead
Nowhere to go
All alone
and freezing in the cold

I am lost.
Everywhere I go
Looks the same,
Only water
Nothing more,
Nothing less

I can't feel my  white paws.
I can't feel my tiny ears.
My black small nose is cold.
I can't feel my body.

Food is nowhere to be found.
Starving, exhausted 
with nowhere to go

What did I do wrong?
I can't understand!

It's not my fault
The fault is theirs.

It's not my fault 
the ice is melting.

It's not my fault 
that the water is dirty.

No food
No energy
and nothing to be done

I might as well die
than keep swimming

I might as well sink
than keep floating.

One fish a day
Is all I need to survive,
Just one!

With no hope
no hope at all

I just need a sign 
One sign is all I ask

I can't keep going
I just can't

That feeling that you get
When you can't do anything 
That's how I feel

Why me?
Why not them?

My white fur is getting dirty
My nose is turning white.
Is this normal?

I can't go any further,
my body won't let me
I need help!

If only someone could save me!
Please come.
Rescue me!

The best thing to do right now is to float
To stay here and wait for rescue
Or death.

No comments:

Post a Comment