Wednesday, May 23, 2012

From a Bird

by Nicole C., grade 8


I think it will change.
But my hopes are scarce.
My wings are heavy
and I think I’ll fall,
from the cheerful sky.

When I fly high in the sky,
I see these humongous birds
made of pure steel.
I wonder if they suffer
as much as us.

I’ve had many nightmares.
I’ve been put into a cage
with my wings cut
and my freedom has been taken from me.
I cry.

I wonder if there’s something,
higher than the sky
waiting for us, birds.
I wonder if there’s…
GLORY.

I fly into the past
and think of our ancestors.
How did they survive?
How did they manage this pressure?
Did they escape from this prison?

Every time I breath into the blue sky,
the smoke gets into my tiny lungs.
It’s hard to breath but I can’t die.
Life is such a treasure and I didn’t came here
to give up.

I wish I could do something.
But then I realize how small I am.
It would take a big hand
to change this unfortunate world.
If only someone cared…

I think it will change.
But my hopes are scarce.
My wings are heavy
and I think I’ll fall
from the cheerful sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment