Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Red, Orange and Yellow

by Camila R., grade 8

Fire, fire everywhere
going up and down into my tree
red, orange, yellow!
here and there
branches burned, and trees in flames
ashes flying, fire burning
here, there, everywhere!
I see my home down to ashes, all with fire
there is no hope
                         There is no light
in my life
I see in the sky little red dots
little black dots,
all of my family,
flying away
leaving all dreams
or flying with them
but what about me?
What shall I do?
Stay here and die with the heat
or fly away to god knows where
                    I cannot go
I cannot stay
where all my story
is written in stone
here
in my home
but it is burning down
down to ashes
                       down to dust
                                            down to nothing...
All of this flames
all of this chaos
thanks to those humans!
That have no compassion!
For us little things
I have to go!
I have to hurry!
But I ask to myself once again, where?
I cannot go to those houses because all I get is
           Squash!
Squash!
                       Squash!
All of those hands trying to squash
are the same ones that let my forest die
Still, I have to go so I'm on my way
to one of those houses but I have to hide
and in my spot I hear them say
"Deforestation, just a silly mistake..."

No comments:

Post a Comment