Wednesday, May 23, 2012

OH... SUNDAY MORNIN´!

by Juan Carlos E., grade 8

Every morning, every sunrise
I wake up with no one beside me.
Every night, every moon light
I go to bed with no one beside me.

All this makes me feel lonely! Questions rise upon my mind! Why can’t I be loved? Am I ugly? Should I care about this stuff? Am I cute? Am I fat?
But all that changes on Sunday mornin’! Every year, I wait for this time… These days… This week!
Every year, every month, every week, every day, every hour, every minute, every second, I wait for these days…. This week!

Real humans come right here! Next to my tree, in front of the bush; to the lake!
Oh, how I love it when they come…
Every mornin´ I stay still. They come to see the first sun! Everybody tags along, and every time they look at me! I stay still, and try my best pose. While they take portable machines, who throw a flash!
And all my unanswered questions are answered! I am loved, I am not ugly, I am cute, and being a little fat, is a good thing…

Every morning, every sunrise
I wake up with no one beside me.
Every night, every moon light
I go to bed with no one beside me.

All this makes me feel lonely! Questions rise upon my mind! But all those questions, all my opinions, all my loneliness, all that... changes Sunday mornin´…

No comments:

Post a Comment