Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Peace and Freedom is All I Ask You!

by Nina A., grade 8
How richly glows the water’s breast before us, tinged with evening hues, while facing the crimson East, well at least that is how I remember it.
My wings flutter all day, I find myself flying over the great Caribbean Sea. My eyes burn like a flame of fire, as they punctuate bottles and trash, floating towards great destruction.
Waves bring a pleasant sound as you make your way to the water; I flutter my wings as I show a great sight of relief. But the time came, when this feeling of relief vanished away, and danger came to us.
The crystal clear, blue waters have become one of marine’s life greatest dangers. I am facing myself, fighting for my life, I am trapped with no way out, I flutter my wings, but it is impossible to spread them and fly free.
This brown substance unknown to me holds me back; I am covered in oil with no way out. I see dead fish floating pass my wings, thousands of them. I see black smoke rising from a fiery platform; the scenery isn’t the one I remember from the day before. I can’t see the sun’s reflection in the water, only miles of a thick black substance. Please save my home, I want my children to see the beauty of this world, let them have a chance to experience it.
Don’t turn our oceans black!
Don’t turn our oceans in a garbage dump!
Turn our oceans in a beautiful Paradise of endless freedom, and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment