Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fish have Opinions

by Monica M., grade 8

What I think of humans?
I think they must be blind or dumb
Or they are just selfish.
So here’s what I would say to them
Someday when
I meet them

Dear Humans,
Look at our world
And if you noticed
It’s ours not yours
It’s not only you humans living here
We live and inhabit this place as well

It’s your home and ours
So why are you destroying
And harming it, why?
Have we done something wrong?
There must be something
Cause we don’t deserve it

You’re destroying my home
And the home of many others
Your trash is hurting us
I am living in YOUR waste

It’s unfair,
I don’t throw my waste
In your home
I don’t enjoy my life
Leaving other animals to die

No, I’m a nice fish
So why aren’t you a nice human?
Do us a favor and try
Tell your human friends that
They should leave us alone
So live in our home
The lives without trash in our
Face

Not only that but please stop
Creating ways
For us, animals
To die

Don’t you see what you’ve done?
All the species that are endangered
All the animals dying
Or losing their home

What would you do if
We did that to you?
Think about it
You would understand our pain

So just to make this clear
Animals die, your fault
Animals lose home, your fault
Earth isn’t pretty, your fault
Water isn’t clean, your fault

And you still wonder why animals die
you should really think about changing
do something to help us
help the world

use less water
use less trash
create less waste
don't pollute our water more

There are so many things you can do
I bet you can think of more
I'm just a poor fish
living in your dump

It’s not our fault
Humans have the entire fault
So please think and reflect
That even fishes want you
To swim another direction
And for everything I didn’t mention
Wait for the next letter

No comments:

Post a Comment