Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The beauty is dying

by Isabella Q., grade 8

What happened to me?
Why am I dying?
The past and present is ruining me
And it will continue on like this...

Drip, Drip, Drip
Every little drop is contaminating me
Every drop is like little bombs to my body

I can hear the drops coming in
One by one they fall
One by one they destroy me

Trash
                 Food
Gasoline
        Wraps
                                    Bottles
Are all the things that constantly fall over me

I used to be beautiful.
People came from all over the world
       Just to see me   
They admired my light blue colorful water

With every sun ray...
I used to shine
I used to be bright
I used to be happy
I used to laugh
But the...
Humans didn't care about me anymore

All I can say...
it's their fault

They thought I would continue to be beautiful
The reality is
I can't
The trash is too much

Sometimes, I think about the way I used to be
Occasionally, I feel like
running away
Why stay?
To suffer more?
I am of no use anymore
Never beautiful like I was before

Every day, every hour, every minute
I'm getting each day worse
It just takes a matter of time

I still try to shine beauty
The one that is left
I try and do it for the animals
They deserve the happiness

At the end...
It's going to run out
It will be gone
Forever.

I am loosing my mind
I am lost
Please help me
Please help me survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment