Saturday, February 6, 2010

What I Was, Who I Am

I used to be happy. Now I am happier.
I used to be a brave Indian, a dinosaur, a cougar, a dragon, a longhorn and a soaring eagle.
Now I’m a little fish in a stream of consciousness.
I used to teach yoga, but now I remind people to breathe.
I used to teach little children, now I teach big children.
I used to live in Texas, now I live on Earth.
I used to be a cookie. Now I am a monster.
I used to practice positive thinking. Now I expect nothing.
I used to affirm things and plan my life through 2020. 
Now I strive to live each moment as it comes.
I used to be a self-help book, now I am an epic poem.
I used to love deaf, dumb and blind men, now I love my dog.
I used to sell, now I have soul.
I used to sail, twirl, plea, battle and do ballet. 
Now I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment