Saturday, February 6, 2010

libro, libra, libre

LIBRO
{Spanish for book}
As in letter and spaces
strung together
to slip a story
under your skin.
Voy a escribir un libro.
I am going to write a book.
Pronto.

LIBRA
{Spanish for pound}
As in unit of weight
measurement of mass in the nonmetric system
Not that I own a scale
Or want to step on one.
But, oh, to shed the shackles of chub
to do shoulderstand without staring
at my ginormous gut
this will be bliss.
Discipline and a vision
are all it takes
good thing that's what I gots.
30 by 30
30 libras by may 30, my 30th.

LIBRE
{Spanish for free}
As in liberated
from a story struggling to be sung
for untold eons
liberated from excess baggage
in the abdominal, thigh and chin regions
liberated from anxious contemplation
over regrets and old shoulds
liberated from forever leaning
into the mirage of the future
liberated from suffering
when I embrace the paradise
of aquĆ­,
ahora.

No comments:

Post a Comment