Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thanks

I am grateful for each inspiration, each intake of air, beat of heart, firing of neuron.

I give thanks for sweet exhalation, soft sighs, guttural giggles, 
for beloved blood brothers and soul sisters. 
I am grateful for the past: the moment of conception, the tornado of childhood, 
the angst-ridden decade (RIP 1995-2005), for Austin swimming, London calling, 
California dreaming and India, period. 
I am grateful for the unknowable future
What fearsome, exhilarating possibilities it offers daily! 
I give thanks for the present of the present: a cozy bed, a loyal friend, a good book, 
a passion for compassion. 
I am grateful for Guatemala: guns and gardens and new friends. 
I especially thank all the true gurus and Buddhas 
selflessly working for the liberation of all beings. 
With overwhelming gratitude, I give thanks.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment